Thursday, January 02, 2020

SPM ESSAY - THINGS THAT I VALUE ABOUT MY LIFE

          I am seventeen. When I am asked about the things that I value in my life, I would write friendship at the top of my list.

          I have good friends. We share many things in common and therefore spend a lot of time together. We enjoy good music. We laugh about the same things. We hate the same things such as too much homework, racism, child abuse and so on. A friend is someone who is there for you in good times and bad times. I have few such friend and I appreciate them very much.

         Another thing I value is my family. I have loving, responsible parents and caring brothers and sisters. Of course, sometimes, I think my parents are too strict. At times, my sisters and brothers drive me round the bend. This is normal in my families. At the end of the day, the important thing is that we love and care for one another.

          I enjoy good health. I value it very much. I would never endanger my health by smoking. I have seen patients in hospitals who suffer from lung cancer because of their smoking habit. It is very sad to see them, broken in health and spirit. I think it is stupid to smoke. It is also stupid to take drugs. Drugs can easily make someone addicted. Once a person is addicted, he craves for drugs all the time. It is of the most dangerous things to do. Drugs abuse ruins lives. I will never take drugs as I have too much respect for myself and my future.

          One thing I love about my life is that I have choices. I can become anyone I want - scientist, doctor, lawyer, businesswoman, secretary or housewife. It is all up to me. In the old days, women had few choices. Many got married and stayed home. A few became teachers. Fewer still became doctors or scientist. Today, if I study hard, I can select whatever profession I want. It is very exciting and makes me feel free.

          When I went to Hong Kong for holiday, I realised that I value our country very much because we have so many races and therefore different types of food, festivals, interest and so on. In Hong Kong, I could only eat Chinese food. After two days there, I was longing for some nasi lemak, roti canai and thosai. I began to appreciate that I have friends of all races. I began to value the harmonious multi cultural lifestyle here.

           I love most aspect of my life. Of course, like many people, I wish I were richer, taller, smarter or prettier. Nevertheless, I value the things that really matter and I already have them, like friendship, love, good health and freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment